- The details of the Michael Williams trade are now official. The Detroit Lions will receive the New England Patriots' 7th-round pick in 2017.
- Speaking of the Williams trade, that trade has opened a huge hole for a player on the roster bubble: Corey Robinson. The rookie hasn't had a very impressive camp, but he has a ton of upside, according to Jim Caldwell.
- The Patriots look like they are going to be using Williams as a tight end:
Fun one from practice: Newly acquired TE-turned-OT Michael Williams wore No. 74, then switched to No. 85 and got initial work with TEs.— Mike Reiss (@MikeReiss) August 26, 2015
- Travis Lewis is having himself a preseason:
Travis Lewis has more defensive stops (6) without a missed tackle than any other linebacker in preseason. pic.twitter.com/P0MXOWWcJC— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) August 26, 2015
- The third episode of "Inside the Den", the Lions' knock-off version of "Hard Knocks", was released Wednesday. I highly recommend it.
- I was on the Lions Central Radio podcast on Wednesday. If you want to hear me derail the Zach Zenner hype train, click here.
- The Lions were the featured team on Deadspin's "Why Your Team Sucks" on Wednesday. It's highly entertaining and features such gold as:
The only thing worse than the inevitable blown-fourth-quarter-lead crushing losses are the ensuing Drew Sharp columns the next day. It’s like losing your grandfather and having a funeral attendee talk your ear off about how he should’ve taken better care of himself.
So true. So painfully, painfully true.