- Thursday, Rashean Mathis celebrated his 35th birthday. Friday night, he'll pass another milestone:
Rashean Mathis plays against the Jaguars for the first time Fri. Tonight, he'll celebrate his 35th b-day w/ Lions DBs http://t.co/lupcqJM7nV— Josh Katzenstein (@jkatzenstein) August 27, 2015
- There's a good chance we'll see a lot of Ameer Abdullah against the Jaguars. After only seeing him carry the ball twice last week, I'm having a bit of Abdullah withdrawal. This should cure that nicely.
- The Lions arrived in Florida on Thursday. Per usual, some players were looking snazzy:
Take a look at the #Lions' trip to Jacksonville with these behind-the-scenes photos: http://t.co/t1gjpVGMgn pic.twitter.com/74RoCl6CAF— Detroit Lions (@Lions) August 28, 2015
- Former Lions quarterback Eric Hipple shared his own experience battling inner-demons in an effort to explain what Erik Kramer is going through right now. Both stories are terribly sad and tragic, but they're important to share to help understand the awful long-term effects of football.
- Joe Lombardi says the pace of practice has picked up this season. The reason? Matthew Stafford looks more comfortable in the offense.
Missed any Lions news this week? Catch up on this week's developments in 60 seconds.
This seems high:
NFL slated to start the season with more than 30 players suspended http://t.co/qsEVdOYdbw— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) August 27, 2015