- It turns out that DeAndre Levy's contract extension will actually slightly lower his cap hit for 2015.
The Lions pick up $100,000 of salary cap room with DeAndre Levy's extension. His new 2015 salary cap number is $4.4M.— Joel Corry (@corryjoel) August 6, 2015
- Why was signing Levy to a contract extension so important? Well...
Few stats on DeAndre Levy: Led the league in solo tackles last year (117). Most INT by a LB over last two seasons (7).— Rand Getlin (@Rand_Getlin) August 5, 2015
Few more stats on DeAndre Levy: Led #Lions in tackles since joining them in 2009 (608). Has 2nd most tackles out of entire 2009 draft class.— Rand Getlin (@Rand_Getlin) August 5, 2015
Lions LB DeAndre Levy was the only NFL player to play 100% of his team's defensive snaps in 2014. Smart of Detroit to lock him up.— Field Yates (@FieldYates) August 5, 2015
- Spotrac released its "future financial power rankings" earlier this week and put the Detroit Lions third in the NFL. That's a solid improvement considering how ugly their cap situation has looked the last few years.
- Former Lions cornerback Chris Houston, who attempted to make a comeback with the Carolina Panthers after missing all of last season with an injury, decided to retire this week.
- That's a lot of yards.
Most passing yards lost due to drops since 2011: 1. Matthew Stafford 1,779 2. Tom Brady 1,527 3. Joe Flacco 1,331 4. Aaron Rodgers 1,267— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) August 4, 2015
- The Lions' quarterbacks will be back in green jerseys on Saturday.
- Finally, well done, Lions.
Lions donate $250,000 to HAVEN for domestic violence prevention education programs. pic.twitter.com/ZhhG1PgiEl— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) August 5, 2015
Lions notes looks at various stats about DeAndre Levy and various tidbits about his new contract.