- FYI: Saturday's Detroit Lions training camp practice has been pushed back from 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Plan accordingly.
- Both DeAndre Levy and Joseph Fauria missed practice on Friday. It turns out that Levy was absent again after tweaking something earlier in the week, while Fauria was sidelined after leaving practice early on Thursday with a "tweak" of his own. Neither injury sounds serious, and Fauria went all Aaron Rodgers on Twitter after Thursday's practice to reinforce that notion.
R-E-L-A-X— Joseph Fauria (@BigJoeFauria) August 6, 2015
- In addition to the usual cast of players who continued to be sidelined by injuries, David Ausberry was out as well on Friday.
- On a positive note, it feels like it's only a matter of time until LaAdrian Waddle and Joique Bell make their 2015 camp debuts.
Waddle seems to be doing more and more on the side every day. Doing some footwork and kick-step stuff today.— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) August 7, 2015
- In the meantime, with Waddle still on the PUP list, Michael Williams got some No. 1 reps at right tackle for a change.
- Inconsistency seems to be a theme with certain players:
Ebron has come back from his drop to catch two really tough balls in traffic. Nice bounce back— Kyle Meinke (@kmeinke) August 7, 2015
TJ Jones just got the crowd fired up with a leaping snatch in between two defenders. Kellen Moore great placement. CB jumped it early— Jeff Risdon (@JeffRisdon) August 7, 2015
Josh Wilson & Nate Ness have both picked off Kellen Moore today in team drills.— Tori Petry (@sportstori) August 7, 2015
Calvin Johnson, meanwhile, was out there making more ridiculous plays.
Calvin with another great play. Full extension dive vs. Mathis.— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) August 7, 2015
- On a related note, Darius Slay jokingly said that he can "cover anybody on this planet" earlier in the week, but I don't think he accounted for Megatron when he made that statement.
Guess Calvin Johnson is out if this world, because he just abused Darius "The Earth" Slay for a deep ball— Kyle Meinke (@kmeinke) August 7, 2015
- Overall, it sounds like the defense won Friday's practice by a pretty wide margin.
Good news: defense hasn't allowed a point in five possessions. Bad news: offense hasn't scored a point in five possessions.— Kyle Meinke (@kmeinke) August 7, 2015
- In news from earlier in the week, Josh Bynes was the one who stepped in for Levy on Thursday as the first-team weakside linebacker. Travis Lewis got some first-team work on Friday.
- Also from Thursday: It sounds like Ryan Broyles really turned up his intensity during practice.
Caldwell has his grandsons with him at the podium today. Too cute pic.twitter.com/acI0GA6MHL— Tori Petry (@sportstori) August 7, 2015
- Finally, let this be a reminder to always keep your head on a swivel:
Kyle Brindza just kicked a wide FG that almost hit @alex_reno. We are nowhere near the smaller goalposts— Jeff Risdon (@JeffRisdon) August 7, 2015
In this edition of Detroit Lions training camp notes: Injury updates on DeAndre Levy and Joseph Fauria, tidbits about Michael Williams, Kellen Moore and Calvin Johnson and much more.