Editor's Note: FanDuel is running a $1,000,000 fantasy football league in week 1. The Top 46,000 teams win cash with $100,000 paid to first place. Join now!
- The Oakland Raiders let go of a couple players that may seem familiar:
#Raiders released WR Kris Durham and S Taylor Mays.— Adam Caplan (@caplannfl) September 5, 2015
- Checking in on a few players the Detroit Lions traded away recently. Kyle Brindza won the kicking job in Tampa Bay, while Michael Williams made the 53-man roster for the Patriots. Additionally, Mohammed Seisay was placed on IR by the Seahawks yesterday.
- Jarryd Hayne, the former rugby player who spurned the Lions' offer earlier in the year, made the 49ers roster yesterday. He seems pretty excited to try this whole football thing out:
IT ALWAYS WORKS OUT! I thank GOD for WHAT HE has done and going to do on this incredible journey!! I'm on the 53 MAN ROSTER FOR THE #49ers.— jarryd hayne (@jarrydhayne_1) September 5, 2015
- Yes, Tim Tebow was cut yesterday.
- Earlier in the day Saturday, rumors swirled that former Lions defensive end Willie Young was going to be released or traded, but he ended up making the Bears' final roster.
- Devon Still was cut by the Bengals on Saturday. Thankfully, because of the new collective bargaining agreement, Cincinnati will continue to offer health care for Still and his daughter, Leah, who drew national attention when Devon shared her story on battling cancer at just four years old.
- If you thought it was bad that the Lions cut ties with Larry Webster, a fourth-round draft pick in 2014, look at what the Saints did:
Source: the Saints waived CB Stanley Jean-Baptiste, a 2014 second-round pick.— Field Yates (@FieldYates) September 5, 2015
- Reggie Wayne asked for his release from the Patriots. He is expected to retire.