- During his press conference on Thursday, defensive coordinator dropped this amazing factoid:
#Lions Teryl Austi: This is 12th season in NFL and first time it's a non-winning season.— Paula Pasche (@paulapasche) December 31, 2015
- Picking up on some news that fell through the cracks, the Detroit Lions promoted Braxston Cave from the practice squad on Wednesday. That's a good sign that starting center Travis Swanson will not play against the Bears. Swanson missed practice on Wednesday and Thursday with a shoulder injury.
Tahir Whitehead deserves some credit for the defensive turnaround this season. He's been a major contributor down the stretch:
Tahir Whitehead averaged 22 defensive snaps the first 8 games. He's averaged 52 the past 7. Playing well, too, peaking before hitting FA.— Justin Rogers (@Justin_Rogers) December 31, 2015
- I joined the "Chicago Bears Review" podcast to recap the Lions' 2015 season and preview the Lions-Bears game.
- The Lions practiced outside on Thursday to replicate conditions at Soldier Field for Sunday's game. No word on if they practiced in a pile of mud to replicate field conditions.
- Today is not only New Year's Day, it's also Darius Slay's birthday!
Happy Birthday To My Dawg/Teammate @_bigplayslay9 Y'all Go Follow— Eric Ebron (@Ebron85) January 1, 2016
- Just wanted to take a moment to thank the readers for a great 2015. It was a turbulent year for both Pride of Detroit and the Lions, but we made it through and I think we both got a little better toward the end of the year. I can't wait to take on 2016 with all of you! Here's to all of the great things that will come this year!