- Jim Schwartz has apparently been tapped for several open defensive coordinator jobs, but is waiting on a specific job opening with the Tennessee Titans. Schwartz spent nearly a decade with the Titans, working his way up from a defensive assistant to bolstering his resume as a defensive coordinator for eight consecutive seasons.
- The Detroit Lions named Matthew Stafford as their offensive MVP for the 2015 season. Stafford finished the year with 4,262 yards, 32 touchdowns and 13 interceptions.
- Teryl Austin has interviewed for three head coaching positions this season, but now that the Giants have found their replacement for Tom Coughlin, Austin has been officially passed over three times:
All 3 jobs Teryl Austin interviewed for this offseason now filled. Titans interview Friday is his next up https://t.co/EqM6ci5ihL— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) January 14, 2016
- Michael Williams is making the most of his new home in New England.
- The Saints are officially hiring Joe Lombardi:
- Eric Ebron called his 2015 campaign "improved," but Bill Barnwell of ESPN believes Ebron needs to overcome his high drop rate if he wants to have a truly impactful career.
- If the Lions decide to fire Jim Caldwell, Hue Jackson will no longer be an option as a replacement:
Looks like Browns will get done deal with Hue Jackson before he gets on flight to New York for interview with the Giants, per sources.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) January 13, 2016
- How important has Calvin Johnson been to Stafford? Pretty dang important: