- According to Pro Football Talk, although general manager Bob Quinn has yet to make a decision on Jim Caldwell, they have reportedly met four times already this week. I have to think the more times they meet, the better it is for Caldwell.
- The 2016 offseason coaching carousel has almost come to a close:
This leaves only the #Titans among head coach openings… unless the #Lions make a call on Jim Caldwell.— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) January 14, 2016
- Rod Wood is already making his presence felt as the new Detroit Lions President:
The Detroit Lions are now the owners of the registered trademark "Defend The Den."— Darren Rovell (@darrenrovell) January 14, 2016
Lance Moore had a tough year in 2014, but his first year in Detroit made football fun again for him. Moore will become a free agent at the start of the 2016 season, but he says he wants to return.
- I joined Lions Central Radio (around the 41 minute mark) to talk more Bob Quinn and I put a percentage on Calvin Johnson's chances of returning. Warning: you probably won't like my answer.
- If you overlook the penalties, Don Carey had a standout year in special teams:
.@DonCarey led the @NFL with 16 special-teams stops in 2015 according to @PFF. pic.twitter.com/aWsTrkfov7— Detroit Lions (@Lions) January 13, 2016
- Believe it or not, some people are still talking about trading Matthew Stafford. As a response, SideLion Report listed four reasons why that's bad idea.