- Just a week ago, almost nothing was known about Bob Quinn. Thankfully, Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press did an extensive profile of Quinn and his history. It's an excellent read.
- Green Bay was held under seven points in the first half by Arizona in Saturday's playoff game. That was the second time the Cardinals did that to the Packers. Only one other team has done that to Green Bay since 2000:
Both the #Lions & #Cardinals held the #Packers under 7 1st Half points 2x this year. No team had done that to GB 2x in season since 2000— ProFootballReference (@pfref) January 17, 2016
- Rashean Mathis has recovered from his concussion, but the future of his football career is still unknown.
- Every NFL team has horrible clock management:
@GridironGoLions according to Twitter every NFL coach sucks at clock management pic.twitter.com/DnB0gJQn9G— Joel Lawwell (@LawwellJ) January 17, 2016
- Quinn is expected to bring a detailed grading system for the NFL Draft to the Detroit Lions.
- There was an interesting trend in the head coach hirings this year:
7 vacancies all filled by offensive coaches...3 of which were that same team's OC. It's a QB driven league.— Brian Billick (@CoachBillick) January 16, 2016
- Get well soon, Mort:
.@mortreport has Stage IV throat cancer and has temporarily stepped away from ESPN. The @SInow story: https://t.co/Mf2VJmU0SQ— Richard Deitsch (@richarddeitsch) January 15, 2016