- Earlier in the week, Brian Xanders interviewed for the Cleveland Browns' Vice President of Player Personnel position. Wednesday, Cleveland made their decision:
Browns are hiring Colts pro scouting coordinator Andrew Berry as VP of Player Personnel, per sources. This is the Browns' top personnel job.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) January 27, 2016
- In terms of how close each team is to winning a Super Bowl, ESPN believes the Detroit Lions are a middle-of-the-pack team.
- Ziggy Ansah was drafted by Michael Irvin for the Pro Bowl this upcoming Sunday, and he seems pretty happy about it:
Team Irvin babeee!!! #ProBowlDraft— Ezekiel Ansah (@Ziggy_Ansah) January 28, 2016
- The Lions are now making changes on the business side of the organization, as well:
Senior marketing VP Elizabeth Parkinson no longer with #Lions amid front office shakeup: https://t.co/fGC8JjVXbw @crainsdetroit— Bill Shea (@Bill_Shea19) January 27, 2016
Brandon Copeland very nearly left football altogether in 2015, but he gave himself one last shot to land on an NFL team. He took advantage of that shot and played in every game for the Detroit Lions last season.
- Last week, Bob Quinn fired most of the Lions' strength and conditioning staff, so this news seems particularly relevant:
Patriots will change strength and conditioning staff in 2016, as Harold Nash won’t be back with team, per @MikeReiss and @FieldYates.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) January 27, 2016
- Amid all the shakeups, the Lions will be keeping one member of the scouting team. Bob Quinn announced that Lance Newmark, the team's director of college scouting, is in Mobile for the Senior Bowl and will remain a member of the Lions organization this year.
- Now the defensive backs have taken strides to helping the people of Flint:
Another Lion is leading a big water donation to Flint. Glover Quin & other Lions DBs gave a truckload - about 36k bottles - to the city— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) January 27, 2016