- Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press has contract details for the newly acquired running back Justin Forsett:
New Lions RB Justin Forsett got a 1-yr vet minimum deal with nothing guaranteed ($624,706 total for final 12 weeks) https://t.co/SjxM92ONqP— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) October 13, 2016
- The Oakland Press’ Paula Pasche has five things you need to know about Justin Forsett.
- Pro Football Focus ranks Matthew Stafford as just the 14th best quarterback through five weeks.
- Theo Riddick’s two early touchdowns against the Eagles were extremely rare:
Theo Riddick joined Jamaal Charles as the only @NFL RBs in the past 25 years to record two TD catches in the first quarter of a game. pic.twitter.com/rDNfcSpC5P— Detroit Lions (@Lions) October 12, 2016
- Brandon Finley of SideLion Report has a great breakdown of how the Detroit Lions like to use rub routes:
Be sure to read the entire article on rub routes here.
- What is one of Glover Quin’s tricks to staying healthy and keeping his streak of consecutive games played alive? Stay away from alcohol.
- The Lions swapped linebackers on their practice squad Thursday morning:
Lions have re-signed LB Steve Longa to the practice squad & released LB Zaviar Gooden from the practice squad.— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) October 13, 2016
- The Rams are beat up on defense and one ESPN analyst thinks the Lions offense could beat up on them.