The Lions started slow, but now sitting at 3-3 it may as well be a whole new season. Of course, that season has three wins and three losses and only ten more games to play, but it’s like a new season. Well, the Vikings are also undefeated on top of the division and Green Bay is still in front of Detroit; injuries still plague this team, but new season! Everyone get up and get excited.
With the Rams in the rear-view mirror we clean up the remaining storylines and prepare for Washington. There’s also a very special anniversary that’s near and dear to the hearts of the PODcast crew, particularly Ryan Mathews, and we talk about it along with everything you need to know about your Detroit Lions. It’s PODcast, baby.
Please download and subscribe to the PODcast on iTunes, and be sure to leave us a rating or review whenever you can! We’re also out here on Stitcher.
This week on the PODcast
- Another Lions victory by the skin of their teeth. We discuss the biggest happenings from the game, including a big rebound for Golden Tate.
- Case Keenum had his way with this defense, but what can be done to shore it up?
- We discuss the scuff-up at the end of the game and wonder if kneel downs need to be eliminated, with arguments on both sides.
- Now that the team has reached .500, do we need to update any expectations or thoughts about the Lions? Is this team poised to make a push for more wins, or will the defense’s problems ultimately doom this season?
- Previewing Washington, who comes in off a victory over Philadelphia.
- A very special anniversary happened this week in the world of music. We’re a Lions podcast, but this particular album is at the heart of our PODcast ethos, and we take a little time away from football to discuss this.
- In Rage Corner, Jeremy Reisman has words about DeAndre Levy
- In Wally’s World, Wally has words for Ezekiel Elliott.
- The mailbag. We always have the mailbag.