- The Washington Post put out an excellent article on Matthew Stafford’s improvement from last year. The newspaper uses a handful of Pro Football Focus statistics that point to Jim Bob Cooter’s scheme for much of the reason for the turnaround.
- The Lions lost offensive lineman Brian Mihalik on Tuesday when the Pittsburgh Steelers signed him away from their practice squad. Later on Tuesday, the Lions filled the vacancy with undrafted rookie linebacker Brandon Chubb, formerly of the Los Angeles Rams:
#Lions have signed LB Brandon Chubb to the team's practice squad pic.twitter.com/7hFMAEOZWm— Detroit Lions (@Lions) October 18, 2016
- DeAndre Levy joined the Edge of Sports podcast to talk about “locker room talk” and domestic abuse victimization.
- The Detroit Lions will be getting the same announcing team they’ve gotten the past two weeks:
#Lions getting the same FOX announcers this week against Washington. Yes, that includes Chris Spielman.— Pride Of Detroit (@PrideOfDetroit) October 17, 2016
That team also includes Peter Schrager, the analyst that called Matthew Stafford one of the best quarterbacks in the league on Tuesday.
- Michael Burton was “Wired for Sound” during Sunday’s game against the Los Angeles Rams.
- Several Lions players surprised Detroit police officers with a visit on Tuesday:
The #Lions gave the @detroitpolice a surprise visit today: https://t.co/mHCQxMyUBy pic.twitter.com/I2DWHYeCS8— Tori Petry (@sportstori) October 19, 2016
- How did the Lions hold Rams’ defensive tackle Aaron Donald in check? The Detroit News’ Justin Rogers investigates.