- Matthew Stafford is suddenly getting a lot of national attention, thanks largely to “Good Morning Football” anchor Peter Schrager’s comments on Tuesday. Now former NFL quarterback Kurt Warner is throwing praise Stafford’s way:
- Speaking of Stafford, Sunday’s game will be his 100th career start. He reminisced with DetroitLions.com’s Tori Petry about his progression as a quarterback and his favorite moments from the past seven seasons.
- I’ve heard rumblings from fans that think Stafford is playing like the NFL MVP right now. If you really believe that to be true, now may be a good time to put your money where your mouth is:
If you're so inclined, Matthew Stafford now 100-1 to win NFL MVP per @BovadaLV— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) October 19, 2016
- Glover Quin was fined for his helmet-to-helmet hit against the Los Angeles Rams:
Let's try this again: Glover Quin said he was fined for the unnecessary roughness penalty he got Sunday. Will appeal.— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) October 19, 2016
Per the NFL's schedule of fines, Glover Quin's fine should be $24,309— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) October 19, 2016
- Larry Warford returned to practice on Wednesday in a limited fashion, but was listed with a different injury than last week. Before he was dealing with a hip injury, now it’s his groin. The Detroit News’ Justin Rogers may have an explanation why it changed:
I was told last week Warford dealing with a muscle injury that would explain the hip/groin change on injury report. Muscle affects both.— Justin Rogers (@Justin_Rogers) October 19, 2016
- Where have I heard this name before?
- It looks like Theo Riddick is close to returning:
One more observation: Theo Riddick danced his way into the lounge area (off limits to media). Ankle seems fine on him, too.— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) October 19, 2016