- As you may remember, Travis Swanson was injured last week when Aaron Donald, among other Rams defenders, crashed into the offensive line during Detroit’s final two kneel downs. It turns out the NFL noticed, and fined Donald for his conduct:
Glover Quin wasn't the only one fined in last week's Lions-Rams game. Aaron Donald was fined $18,231 for his play on the kneel downs— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) October 21, 2016
- It’s spreading: CBS is now writing about the drastic improvement of Matthew Stafford thanks to Jim Bob Cooter.
- A few former Lions players are looking for new teams again:
Former #Lions DL Gabe Wright (Cleveland) and OL Gabe Ikard (Buffalo) were waived today.— Michael Rothstein (@mikerothstein) October 21, 2016
- If you’re going to the game on Sunday, bring some unused diapers to help benefit the Metropolitan Detroit Diaper Bank:
Bring unopened diapers to Pride Plaza Sunday for chance to win prizes & meet cheerleaders! @Huggies #NoBabyUnhugged https://t.co/7Lb1quIDfE pic.twitter.com/qesFJv8Pss— Lions Cheerleaders (@DETLionsCheer) October 22, 2016
- Marvin Jones has some sweet new cleats:
- Andre Roberts is hoping to put up big numbers against his former team this week.
- Gail Cogdill, a sixth-round draft pick from 1960 and three-time Pro Bowl receiver, passed away on Thursday night at the age of 79.