- Earlier in the season, when Jim Caldwell’s seat was a little bit hotter, many fans were worried that offensive coordinator Jim Bob Cooter would be lost if Caldwell was fired. However, according to a report of Chris Mortensen, that won’t be the case:
Talk of Jim Caldwell being replaced as head coach has quieted since the team has put together a three-game winning streak, but even if he is, most league executives believe Lions general manager Bob Quinn probably would consider Patriots defensive coordinator Matt Patricia over Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniel as the replacement. There is no rush to break up the Stafford and Cooter partnership.
- If you think the Lions’ crazy comebacks are happening at an unsustainable rate, history would agree with you:
- If you want to bet on Matthew Stafford as the league’s MVP, I hope you got in your bet last week. Now his odds are at 40-1, as opposed to 100-1 last week.
- No Lions players are among the top 50 in jersey sales over Quarter 2 (March through August). I guess everyone already has a Stafford jersey.
- More Stafford news: The Lions have awarded him the Ed Block Courage Award:
To read more on the award, check out the full story here.
- Glover Quin lived a pretty frugal lifestyle in his first few years in the NFL. Now it’s paying off.
- Assuming nothing goes wrong at practice this week, expect Eric Ebron to play against the Houston Texans: