You’ve heard our predictions. You’ve made your own. There are a few in the Pride Of Detroit community that are holding out hope for a Detroit Lions upset over the Philadelphia Eagles, but most are expecting doom and gloom.
But let’s broaden our perspective. Let’s open our doors to the outside world and see if others are spelling the end for the Lions against the undefeated Eagles. Here’s a trip around the local and national media to see where the perception is on the Lions’ chances this week.
- Over at Detroit Jock City, four of five writers are taking the Eagles, while Zac Snyder is the lone wolf taking the Lions.
- Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press is predicting a close game, but ultimately has the Lions losing 24-20.
- MLive’s Kyle Meinke is predicting a fourth-straight loss for the Lions.
- Three of four staffers at The Detroit News are picking the Eagles, with Bob Wojnowski being the only person picking the Lions to pull off the upset.
- Pro Football Focus only has one of eight analysts on the Lions side this week:
Check out our PFF expert picks for Week 5 of the NFL season: pic.twitter.com/jgEMtvq4rQ— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) October 6, 2016
- Here at SB Nation, two of nine are choosing Detroit over Philly.
- ESPN is a little more favorable, with three of nine picking the Lions.
- Four of five FOX Sports analysts are riding with the Eagles.
- All four NFL Network analysts are in agreement the Eagles will defeat the Lions (et tu, Mooch?)
- Just Will Brinson of seven other CBS analysts is picking Detroit over Philadelphia.
Overall pick distribution:
Locally: 83.3% Eagles
Nationally: 81.4% Eagles