Editor’s note: I just want to apologize for missing a week’s worth of notes. The short week, combined with some family stuff, had this on the back burner all week and I could never get around to it. We should be back with daily notes going forward.
- Detroit Pistons coach Stan Van Gundy, who is always extremely entertaining, had a great quote. Here are this thoughts of Detroit Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford:
- Tim Twentyman has a good breakdown of how Darius Slay baited Sam Bradford into the game-winning interception.
- At the moment, Stafford ranks fifth in Pro Football Talk’s MVP voting poll. Head over and vote now.
- Death. Taxes. Don Muhlbach snapping the hell out of balls:
- Devin Taylor was “Wired for Sound” on Thanksgiving and treats us to his rendition of “Don’t Stop Believing” by Journey.
- Speaking of musical masterpieces, Twitter user @iambrianshepard noticed our not-so-secret obsession with “Africa” by Toto and turned it into a Lions-themed song:
- If you’re in the holiday spending mood, the Lions have a deal going for Cyber Monday:
- Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press believes the Detroit Lions are for real.