- For the second time this year, Matt Prater won the NFC Special Teams Player of the Week award. Prater booted the game-tying and game-winning field goals in the final minutes of the Thanksgiving game against the Minnesota Vikings:
RT to congratulate Matt Prater on being named NFC Special Teams Player of the Week!— Detroit Lions (@Lions) November 30, 2016
(And for a #ProBowlVote) pic.twitter.com/jN8AnXyfQY
- Just 24 hours after signing former quarterback-turned-tight end Logan Thomas, the Detroit Lions lost rights to him, as the Buffalo Bills signed Thomas to their active 53-man roster.
- In response, the Lions brought back linebacker Brandon Chubb, who they released to make room for Thomas on Monday:
Lions signed LB Brandon Chubb to their practice squad. Had an open spot after TE Logan Thomas was signed by the Bills off Detroit's PS— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) November 30, 2016
- Sam Martin has also won Special Teams Player of the Week this season. And although he didn’t win this week, he’s still having a monster season:
P @SamMartin_6 leads the @NFL in net punting average (45.4) and is fourth in gross punting average (48.9).#ProBowlVote pic.twitter.com/g4DxkcvkZv— Detroit Lions (@Lions) November 30, 2016
- Darius Slay is also up for weekly honors. He is the sixth Detroit Lions player nominated for the CastrolUSA Clutch Performer of the Week (his second time this year):
VOTE for the @CastrolUSA Clutch Performer of the Week!— NFL (@NFL) November 29, 2016
Tweet player's name + #ClutchPerformer:
Slay, Santos, Brady, Carr, or Dumervil? pic.twitter.com/5MDyneIUZQ
You can vote for him here, as well.
- Slay was also the second-highest rated cornerback of Week 12 according to Pro Football Focus.
- The NFL flexed a few games for Week 14. The Lions-Bears game has been flexed from FOX to CBS, but the game remains at 1 p.m. ET.
- We are witnessing a kind of Lions season we may never see again:
The probability of the Lions seven comeback wins in the fourth quarter so far is 1 in 400.https://t.co/adgojIXRV1 pic.twitter.com/vn3yVXT8c3— Prediction Machine (@predictmachine) November 29, 2016
Breakdown of Lions' comeback chances in all 7 wins per @predictmachine pic.twitter.com/0NnLbEEQFW— Carlos Monarrez (@cmonarrez) November 30, 2016