- Wondering why the Detroit Lions like to use Golden Tate so much in the quick passing game? It’s because he’s one of the most elusive wide receivers in the game:
- According to Pro Football Focus, Darius Slay is the No. 5 cornerback in the league this season:
- Wednesday, Matt Prater was awarded his second Special Teams Player of the Week in November. On Thursday, he was awarded Special Teams Player of the Month.
- The always-classy Drew Brees had some nice words for Matthew Stafford:
- Sending all of our well-wishes to Minnesota Vikings coach Mike Zimmer, who underwent emergency eye surgery on Wednesday night.
- A lot of people seem to think Lions kicker Matt Prater looks a lot like comedian Nick Swardson, who happens to be a big Vikings fan. Swardson has picked up on the comparisons, and it looks like rookie long snapper Jimmy Landes noticed, too:
- The Lions actually have somewhat decent Super Bowl odds, believe it or not:
Updated odds to win Super Bowl: Saints 125 to 1; Lions 30 to 1. But Saints favored by 5.5 Sunday.— Mike O'Hara (@MikeOHaraNFL) December 1, 2016