- There was a bizarre sequence early in the Detroit Lions’ game against the Chicago Bears in which Lions center Graham Glasgow was penalized for illegal hands to the face. When CBS pulled up a replay of the play, this is what they found:
The officials had clearly called the penalty on the wrong team, and they admitted as much during the game. Here’s Glasgow via the Detroit Free Press:
Glasgow said he was told: “Oh, I just switched you guys up. I meant to call it on 91, but you were blocking him, so I accidentally called it on you.”
“I was like, ‘Oh.’ They tell us not to yell at the refs, so I’m like, ‘Whatever, man.’”
- Speaking of Glasgow, he was the highest-rated player on offense for the Lions according to Pro Football Focus. Nevin Lawson was the team’s best defensive player on Sunday.
- MMQB’s Andy Benoit has a great article detailing why he thinks Matthew Stafford is the league MVP right now.
- Congrats to Anquan Boldin for his amazing career (so far):
Anquan Boldin’s now in the top 10 all-time for receptions in NFL history pic.twitter.com/GIUvK5NUNs— SB Nation NFL (@SBNationNFL) December 11, 2016
- Stafford’s finger may be hurt, but it’s still good enough to slappah da bass (it’s even better with sound):
- As always, the postgame locker room celebration is a must-watch:
- Anyone in the know was screaming that the Lions would spread the ball more this year without Calvin Johnson. They were right:
- Though the Lions defense has been turbulent at times, they managed to do something they haven’t in 55 years: