The Detroit Lions never do or get anything easy. The final stretch of December may somehow prove to be more gut-wrenching and panic-inducing than the rest of the Lions season thus far, and that’s a pretty damn tall order to tackle.
With quarterback Matthew Stafford suffering a PIP injury and dislocating his middle finger, the engine that’s carried the Lions this far suddenly has a kink to it. How much will it impact the final three games for the Lions? Are we sweating the Packers and Giants even more now? Can we talk about some fun things in the podcast mailbag? Of course we get answers to all of that, but you got to listen to the Pride Of Detroit PODcast to know.
This week on the PODcast
- #WeOwnTheBears is BACK!
- What’s the value of attempting to paint a team’s picture by a “bad win” in the NFL? How much does it matter? Can it even matter given the nature of the league?
- An update on Stafford’s injury and its severity. Comparing this situation to Derek Carr’s injury in several facets.
- The Lions face a brutal three game stretch to close out the season and the NFC did them no favors on Sunday for any wild card possibilities. We discuss what’s been going on and update our post-season outlooks.
- Rage Corner gets in it on multiple rages regarding panic, DeAndre Levy and customer arrogance in several ways.
- Mailbag tackles alcohol, more alcohol, hot sauce, Lions playoff possibilities, Jeff Fisher and the eternal question of dueling December holidays.