- For the first time in his NFL career, Eric Ebron will head to Meadowlands as an opponent of his hometown team, the New York Giants (he has played against the Jets there before). Ebron is pumped to face his former favorite and said he doesn’t plan to leave his hometown without a win.
- He is also going to be sporting some cleats to commemorate the occasion:
Home Sweet Home. pic.twitter.com/FVTw6bIIcd— Eric Ebron (@Ebron85) December 16, 2016
(Ameer Abdullah isn’t a fan of them, apparently)
- Latest update on Matthew Stafford Glove Watch 2016:
And to clarify, Stafford has been wearing the same one-fingered glove all week in practice. Seems like that'll be the one on Sunday.— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) December 16, 2016
And some video for your eyeballs:
WATCH: #Lions Stafford from practice today pic.twitter.com/T5fL2FZoNk— FOX 2 Sports (@FOX2Sports) December 16, 2016
- The Lions are traveling to New Jersey a day early to avoid a winter storm. According to Dave Birkett, they’ll also have to change hotels from Friday night to Saturday.
- Here’s a pretty accurate representation of the NFC North:
MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM THE NFC NORTH pic.twitter.com/viyoQ4PYPe— Dave Rappoccio (@DrawPlayDave) December 16, 2016
- The Lions’ run defense has been very good near the goalline this year:
Titans, Lions, Vikings, Ravens, and Cowboys are the only teams not to allow a multi-rushing TD game.— Chris Raybon (@ChrisRaybon) December 16, 2016
- If you missed it, former Lions and Giants offensive lineman Geoff Schwartz had a great breakdown of this week’s game between his two former teams.
- Adairius Barnes has cleared waivers. The Lions could bring him back to the practice squad now, if they desire.
- Adrian Peterson announced on Dash Radio that he will be playing against the Indianapolis Colts this week. He is not listed on the Vikings’ injury report.