- According to ESPN, the Lions-Cowboys game received the highest national ratings for a “Monday Night Football” game in over two years. In Detroit, the game earned a 29.5 rating, compared to Dallas, which drew a 34.9 rating.
- Earlier on Tuesday we broke down why we thought the unnecessary roughness penalty on A’Shawn Robinson was wrong. Jim Caldwell apparently agrees and will be sending the film of the play to the NFL to voice his complaint on the call.
- Joe Dahl’s NFL debut went... less than ideally:
Almost looks like the LG is told to ignore the stunt... https://t.co/ULUv9hIuHY— Aaron Nagler (@AaronNagler) December 27, 2016
- Sam Martin is the best punter in Detroit Lions history:
Most net yards per punt in Lions history:— Kyle Meinke (@kmeinke) December 27, 2016
1. S Martin 43.9 (2016)
2. S Martin 42.0 (2015)
3. S Martin 40.4 (2013)
4. S Martin 40.1 (2014)
- Anquan Boldin is likely to make up to $1.45 million in performance bonuses this year. Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press has a handful of other contract bonus details for Lions players.
- Congrats to Nevin Lawson, who joined Tahir Whitehead in the holiday season baby club:
Lions CB Nevin Lawson said his wife had their baby on Christmas eve. He was there for the birth, and will be on the field Sunday vs GB— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) December 27, 2016
- Monday’s game against the Cowboys was lost by the long ball on both sides of the field:
Dak Prescott was 5 for 6 with 3 TD on passes 15 or more yards downfield. Matt Stafford matched his career-worst, going 0-7 on such passes— Ed Werder (@Edwerderespn) December 27, 2016
- It appears Stefan Charles suffered a significant injury near the end of the Cowboys game:
Stefan Charles had a big brace on his right knee in the locker room after the game, walked slowly. More testing tomorrow, doesn't look good— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) December 27, 2016