- Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press has a really neat story about how Detroit Lions president Rod Wood noted to the schedule makers that Detroit had finished the season with a road division game in four straight years. That comment, according to the NFL, actually impacted the 2016 schedule and now the Lions will host the biggest game in Ford Field history.
- If you’re looking to be a part of that game, the Lions recently released some standing room tickets and club level seating:
- The Lions have 14 players who will become unrestricted free agents in 2017. Sunday’s game could be their last as a Detroit Lion.
- Many of the wives and girlfriends of the Lions players will be wearing “Detroit vs. Everybody” shirts at Sunday’s game against the Packers.
- Sports Illustrated’s Andy Benoit has a theory as to what changed between the first half and the second with the Lions offense against the Cowboys:
- Even though he didn’t appear on the injury report this week, Anquan Boldin is apparently dealing with a finger injury and has been wearing a splint in practice.
- Lions tight end Tim Wright, who tore his ACL in May, looks like he’s getting closer to full health:
12/29/16 makes 6 Months out of ACL Surgery. Now at 255 pounds, I feel bigger, stronger, and faster than ever. I want to Thank God for healing me along this journey, thank my Fans for the support and thank my amazing specialist @elitesportspt_nj and @igotrypt for getting me to where I am today!! From here I must await for what the good Lord has in store!!