- Matt Prater was again awarded the NFC Special Teams Player of the Week award after going 5-for-5 in field goals against the Saints last week. Prater has now won the weekly honors in three of his past four games with the Detroit Lions.
- Another Lions special teamer earned some honors on Wednesday:
RT to congratulate @DonCarey on being named the Detroit #Lions Walter Payton Man of the Year! pic.twitter.com/IJwQvU1r0l— Detroit Lions (@Lions) December 7, 2016
The Walter Payton Man of the Year award goes to the player that displays excellence on and off the field. The Detroit News has a nice recap of all of Carey’s charitable endeavors off the field.
- Speaking of charity, on Tuesday Lions players helped a group of foster children go Christmas shopping:
Our season of sharing continued last night at our annual 'Shop with a Lion' event at a local @meijer.— Detroit Lions (@Lions) December 7, 2016
: https://t.co/5kVnzmeL2P pic.twitter.com/D2DnJDIXyO
- Joique Bell sounds happy to be back in Detroit:
- Justin Rogers has a nice breakdown of how the Lions defense was able to completely shut down Drew Brees.
- ESPN analysts joined together to cast their MVP ballots. Matthew Stafford is currently fourth, behind Derek Carr, Tom Brady and Ezekiel Elliott.
- Giants defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul had surgery on Wednesday and is expected to miss the rest of the regular season. The Lions face the Giants in Week 15.
- Here is your officiating crew for Lions-Bears:
Jeff Triplette your referee for Lions-Bears on Sunday.— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) December 7, 2016