- It was a significant surprise on Monday when the Detroit Lions chose not to activate Brandon Pettigrew from the PUP list and placed him on nonfootball injury list, ending his season. Well, it appears the Lions took things a step further with Pettigrew:
Brandon Pettigrew no longer has a locker in the Lions' Allen Park facility. That was quick.— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) December 7, 2016
Cleaning out Pettigrew’s locker doesn’t appear to just be a symbolic thing. According to Dave Birkett, Pettigrew has played his last game as a Detroit Lion and is expected to be released soon.
- Taylor Decker is listed as the ninth-best rookie according to Pro Football Focus.
- Miles Killebrew knows about the 2016 Detroit Lions Name Bracket Tournament (!!!!!) (h/t to @rmhiggs2 for finding this)
- On Sunday, Darius Slay shadowed rookie Michael Thomas for nearly the entire game. Let’s see how that worked out:
Caused Thomas's 2nd lowest receiving yards (42yrds)in a game this season... Denver held him to 40. https://t.co/Koe0FsCwx9— The Lions Man (@TheLionsMan) December 7, 2016
- Speaking of which, Slay may be the best cornerback in the NFC right now:
- Pro Football Focus has a nice article on why Matthew Stafford has finally cemented himself as a top 10 quarterback in the league.
- We’ve seen the Lions dial up a lot of different blitzes lately. This is probably why:
Lowest pressure rate with 4 or fewer pass rushers:— Zoltán Buday (@PFF_Zoltan) December 7, 2016
1. Indianapolis 23.3%
2. Dallas 24.2%
3. Detroit 25.4%
4. Jacksonville 26.5%
- The Lions have been one of the lowest spenders over the past four years: