- Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press has an up-to-date outline of the Detroit Lions' current salary cap situation, including every players' 2016 cap hit, and dead money from old contracts.
- Speaking of the salary cap, it looks like each team will have a little more room than expected:
I'm told the NFL's salary cap is expected to jump to at least $155M this year. Nearly $12M more than last year's ($143.28M).— Rand Getlin (@Rand_Getlin) February 15, 2016
- That extra cap space will be important for the Lions, as they will be looking to extend Darius Slay this offseason. Justin Rogers of Mlive.com took a stab at what Slay's contract extension may look like.
- Despite the fact that Theo Riddck set a franchise record for running back receptions in a season last year, Kyle Meinke believes he could be in for an even bigger role in 2016.
- Love Jerry Mallory on the PODcast? Don't forget he has a podcast of his own. Check out his latest episode below. This week's topics include Calvin Johnson, Matt Forte and a little NBA All-Star weekend:
- With the NFL Combine just over a week away, Tim Twentyman breaks down the top linebackers to keep an eye on.
- Unlike other analysts who shall remain unnamed, Trent Dilfer believes the Lions' second half turnaround was for real.