- Nate Burleson, former Detroit Lions wide receiver, believes Bob Quinn and the Lions staff are not doing enough to court Calvin Johnson back for another year:
"You’re casually going about enticing one of the best receivers in my era to come back, and then you’re casual about showing your appreciation for a guy who has … put the organization on his back without complaint."Burleson also spoke with Johnson himself after Sunday's report came out, but Calvin did not confirm or deny the report.
- Broncos cornerback Aqib Talib believes Johnson still has a lot left in the tank:
Broncos CB Aqib Talib just said Calvin Johnson is the toughest cover in the league. Still.— Kyle Meinke (@kmeinke) February 2, 2016
- FiveThirtyEight.com agrees. The stats-heavy website put together a convincing argument that Johnson is still performing at a level much above average and that isn't likely to change if he decides to play for another season.
- Another Super Bowl participant was glowing over Johnson's career:
Broncos WR Emmanuel Sanders on how he'll remember Calvin Johnson: "The G.O.A.T."— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) February 2, 2016
- Ezekiel Ansah got a big shout-out from his teammates that he brought along to Hawaii for the Pro Bowl:
- The Detroit Lions promoted Kelly Kozole from vice president of events to senior vice president of business development. She has spent the last 14 years with the organization.
- Thursday Night Football will expand to 10 games next season (there were eight this year). The games will be split between CBS and NBC broadcasts.