- Detroit Lions fans have until 5 p.m. ET on Wednesday to renew their season tickets for 2016, leading some fans to conjure up conspiracy theories that the Lions told Calvin Johnson to delay his retirement announcement until after the deadline. Rod Wood denies those allegations.
- Speaking of Calvin, former Lions wide receiver Herman Moore is not surprised by his potential retirement.
- Yesterday we broke down why the Lions shouldn't go after Antonio Cromartie. Today, Tim Twentyman goes over the top free agent cornerbacks available for Detroit.
- He may be there already:
Darius Slay has a chance to be a top 10 CB real soon— Matt Miller (@nfldraftscout) February 23, 2016
- Our own Jerry Mallory has a podcast. His latest episode is a nice primer for the NFL Draft:
- The NFL appears to have cooked their books and withheld over $100 million from the revenue pool. As a result, the salary cap is expected to increase at least $1.5 million higher than previous estimates.
- In terms of cap space, the Lions are currently estimated to have over $30 million available.