- New Lions director of player personnel Kyle O'Brien spoke to Tori Petry about the importance of the NFL combine and settling into his new role.
- Don't expect to hear a lot of rumors from the Lions this offseason:
Asked an agent for update on his player's negotiations with Lions: "The only thing I can tell you is they like to keep stuff quiet."— Josh Katzenstein (@jkatzenstein) February 25, 2016
- The Lions' new quarterbacks coach, Brian Callahan, got a double dose of praise on Wednesday:
Broncos coach Gary Kubiak says Lions got a good one in new QB coach Brian Callahan. Says he has a "bright future" in league.— Kyle Meinke (@kmeinke) February 24, 2016
John Fox believes Brian Callahan will do a "terrific job" as #Lions QB coach: https://t.co/Ze1UOAixdx— Michael Rothstein (@mikerothstein) February 24, 2016
- Lions general manager Bob Quinn feels optimistic about Eric Ebron's future.
- Rick Spielman was in a humble mood on Wednesday:
Combine quotes: Vikes GM Rick Spielman if NFC North is Vikings-Packers battle: "No, because I think Detroit has a very good football team."— Mike O'Hara (@MikeOHaraNFL) February 24, 2016
- According to one analyst, the Cowboys' trade for Roy Williams in 2008 was the worst trade in franchise history. It's a shame the Lions did so little with those draft picks.
- The increasingly divisive Pro Football Focus put together their plan for the Lions' 2016 offseason.
- Sports Illustrated outlined the Lions' biggest needs going into free agency.
Lions notes: Quarterbacks coach Brian Callahan gets national praise
Today's Lions notes covers praise given to the Lions' newest coach and revels in Cowboys tears.
If you buy something from an SB Nation link, Vox Media may earn a commission. See our ethics statement.