- You already knew this, but Calvin Johnson is a good man. Before announcing his retirement, Johnson repaid the Detroit Lions part of his signing bonus, opening up $320,000 in cap space for the team this year.
- The Lions sent out their appreciation for Johnson by taking out an ad in the Detroit Free Press:
- How is Johnson spending his retirement? Living by the Pride of Detroit code of #PizzaOverEverything:
Russell Okung, who is still in the midst of choosing a team for 2016, found something the Steelers have that the Lions cannot offer:
No decisions yet but this is beautiful. pic.twitter.com/cP1b82aK8L— Russell Okung (@RussellOkung) March 13, 2016
- Here are the contract details for the latest Lions, safety Rafael Bush:
Rafael Bush got a $1M base salary, $250k signing bonus, has $250k total in per-game roster bonuses & another up to $900k in PT bonuses— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) March 14, 2016
- One of the most interesting men in sports, DeAndre Levy, is using social media as a platform to criticize the NFL and their concussion policies.
- A user on imgur unveiled 150 old NFL-related ads. There are ton of neat ones, including this Madden 99 ad featuring Barry Sanders.