- Some contract details were finally released on the signings of Crezdon Butler, Rafael Bush and Don Muhlbach.
Crezdon Butler one-year Lions deal: $760,000, full split $428,000— Aaron Wilson (@AaronWilson_NFL) March 14, 2016
As expected, Don Muhlbach's 1-year contract was a minimum salary benefit deal $985k base, $80k bonus— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) March 14, 2016
- Speaking of contracts, the Detroit Lions had several players earn performance based bonuses in 2015:
In performance based pay, Lions had 14 players make more than $100k from 2015, led by Travis Swanson ($191k)— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) March 14, 2016
Josh Bynes ($181k), Nevin Lawson ($174k), Quandre Diggs ($171k) and Tahir Whitehead ($164k) also topped $150k in performance based payouts— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) March 14, 2016
- The NFL celebrated #MegatronMondays across various social media platforms. Here's a taste. You may want to grab a tissue:
- Catching up with the rest of the world, the NFL finally admitted that there is a link between football and brain disease.
- NFL commissioner Roger Goodell may soon be ceding some of his power:
NFL & players union moving closer to a deal where Commissioner Roger Goodell would give up power over off-the-field player discipline - DJ— CNBC Now (@CNBCnow) March 15, 2016
- Former Green Bay Packer B.J. Raji is retiring at the age of 29 (but could return in 2017).
- The Lions will not be upgrading the safety position with veteran Eric Weddle: