- Both ESPN and CBS Sports gave the Detroit Lions a B for their moves in the first week of free agency. Sounds about right.
Marvin Jones' former teammate Darqueze Dennard had a lot of nice things to say about the Lions' new wide receiver. He called Jones a "a really good dude and a great person and a good football player."
- Even though Detroit has already signed (or re-signed) three defensive tackles this offseason, the Lions are still seeking potential options in the NFL draft:
The Lions have met with DT Andrew Billings, a potential first round pick, according to ESPN's Max Olson. The... https://t.co/HgtZT0MzTX— Michael Rothstein (@mikerothstein) March 16, 2016
- Wednesday was Michigan State's pro day. The Lions were in attendance and set up three private workouts, including one with top offensive tackle prospect Jack Conklin.
- Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press has a nice run down of all the pro days the Lions have attended thus far.
- Even though the Lions have 10 picks in the upcoming draft, they only have the 15th-most draft capital. Draft capital is a figure based on the value of each pick in the draft.
- The New England Patriots made another big trade on Wednesday. This time, it involved the Lions' rival: the Chicago Bears:
Wheeling and dealing continues: Bears are trading TE Martellus Bennett to Patriots for draft-pick compensation, league sources tell ESPN.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 16, 2016
Teams finalizing deal, but Chicago and New England are expected to swap mid-to-late round picks in exchange for Martellus Bennett.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 16, 2016