- The Detroit Lions lost out on Russell Okung on Thursday, but here's a look at the interesting deal Okung signed with the Broncos:
To be clear: Okung's deal is 1yr ('16) at up to 8M (base 5M), then DEN option for 4yr deal (17-20) at 12M/yr, 35.5M over 17-19, 20.5M guar'd— Jimmy /J.I./ Halsell (@SalaryCap101) March 17, 2016
- Fellow Broncos offensive tackle Ryan Clady is now reportedly on the trading block, but he has just as much injury concern as Okung:
Clady missed all of '14 w/knee. Missed 14 games in '13 w/foot injury.— Ted Glover (@purplebuckeye) March 17, 2016
But been All-Pro in '09, '11, '12, and '14.
Ultimate risk/reward guy
- Detroit was also showed interest in cornerback Antwon Blake, but Blake signed with the Titans on Thursday.
- However, a new name has emerged in Lions free agency:
the Lions need defensive ends.
- Pro Football Focus is grading every single free agency signing. So far, they've given the Marvin Jones signing a C+ and the Tavon Wilson addition a B+.
Eric Weddle's free agency story is a very interesting read. It even mentions a brief moment in which the Lions (and former teammate Glover Quin) were interested in him.
- With Matt Forte gone, Chicago Bears' new starting running back Jeremy Langford believes 1,000 rushing yards is a realistic goal.