- The Philadelphia Eagles had the busiest day on Monday, orchestrating two potential trades (both of which remain unofficial as of Tuesday morning):
Eagles-Dolphins now trying to finalize trade that will send Kiko Alonso and Byron Maxwell to MIA for draft-pick comp, per league— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 7, 2016
Tennessee finalizing deal for Eagles RB DeMarco Murray, league sources tell ESPN. Trade expected to be complete for new league year Weds— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 8, 2016
- The Detroit Lions may be looking to bolster their offensive line, but one big option is now off the table:
#Chargers announced: RT Joe Barksdale agreed to a 4-year deal.— Adam Caplan (@caplannfl) March 8, 2016
- Mlive ranked the Lions' free agents set to hit the market (Warning: slideshow).
- On Sunday, Lions head coach Jim Caldwell released a statement congratulating Peyton Manning, who he coached in Indianapolis, on his retirement. "I will forever cherish the 10 years I had with Peyton. His approach and commitment to the game made all of us who coached and played with him better," Caldwell said.
During his retirement speech, Manning returned the sentiment:
Not surprising, but Peyton Manning thanked Lions head coach Jim Caldwell during his retirement speech. Caldwell... https://t.co/oWRqu6LIY6— Michael Rothstein (@mikerothstein) March 7, 2016
- Speaking of retirement, this nicely puts into context how tough of a decision Calvin Johnson is facing:
Some perspective on Calvin's delayed announcement: Schefter on @MikeAndMike said Elway twice took till April to decide to come back/retire— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) March 7, 2016
- The NFL Players Association announced on Monday adjustments made to each team's individual cap number. The adjustment ended up giving the Lions an extra $1.1 million in cap space.
- IMPORTANT LIONS PUNTER NEWS:
Per NFLPA records, #Lions P Sam Martin has signed a new agent -- Erik Burkhardt & Sean Kiernan. He's entering a contract year.— Michael Rothstein (@mikerothstein) March 7, 2016