- Many Detroit Lions players took to social media to express their excitement over the 2016 schedule release. Newly attained Geoff Schwartz is excited about the prospect of playing on Thanksgiving for the first time:
I’ve never played on Thanksgiving. This could be fun. Get a W and eat all sorts of fried turkey afterwards. I like the sound of that— Geoff Schwartz (@geoffschwartz) April 15, 2016
- On the other hand, Golden Tate wasn't pleased by the lack of primetime games:
I see they were stingey with giving us primetime games... They know showtime loves primetime. pic.twitter.com/dGPo9kiSy8— Golden Tate (@ShowtimeTate) April 15, 2016
- Jeremy Kerley and Quandre Diggs are just excited to be one step closer to the regular season:
- It turns out Stephen Tulloch isn't just vacationing with Cliff Avril and Marshawn Lynch. They're doing some amazing charitable work:
- Defensive tackle Dominique Easley, who was released by the Patriots earlier in the week, went unclaimed through waivers. This Boston Globe piece gives an insight as to why.
- The Lions will officially be in "Color Rush" jerseys on Thanksgiving.
- Here is the Lions' 2016 schedule, in GIF form:
- Geoff Schwartz's latest podcast is an interesting one. He speaks with now-rival T.J. Lang of the Green Bay Packers. They talk about their opinions on Pro Football Focus and (unfortunately) the Hail Mary pass.
- Tickets to the Detroit Lions' "Taste of the Lions" are now on sale.