- Offseason workouts for the Detroit Lions began on Monday. According to Dave Birkett, most the team's 68-man roster was in attendance, except for Stephen Tulloch, whose future with the Lions remains in limbo.
- On display at the workouts was Detroit's new training facility. So far, the upgrade has received rave reviews:
Just caught up with new Lions OL Geoff Schwartz, who said Lions' facilities among the best he's been around.— Justin Rogers (@Justin_Rogers) April 18, 2016
Kerley and Schwartz both raved about the new weight room. Called it first-rate. I wonder if this is the info the Lions didn't want leaked?— Kyle Meinke (@kmeinke) April 18, 2016
- Head coach Jim Caldwell didn't want players speaking with reporters on Monday, but new wide receiver Jeremy Kerley had a quick session with the media. Kerley said Caldwell's message to the team was simple: have a winning program.
- Brandon Copeland, Braxston Cave and Isaiah Johnson all used the opportunity in Allen Park to sign their exclusive rights tenders. They are now officially on the Lions' roster.
- The Lions continue to add to their extensive pre-draft workout list:
Detroit visit was great! Thanks to the Lions organization #10days— Keivarae Russell (@Keivarae1) April 18, 2016
- SB Nation's latest mock draft has the Lions selecting a somewhat new name in the first round: CB William Jackson III.