Jason Hanson was at the fan summit on Thursday, but before the event, he spoke with the media regarding his retirement. There were rumors that Hanson was insulted by the Detroit Lions' minimum offer at the time, and it turns out that was partially true (along with a painful injury):
"Hey look, minimum in the NFL is a ridiculous amount of money. So I didn’t tell them that, but I would have played for that. I mean, that’s a lot of money. But at the same time it was like, OK, if they’re saying, ‘Hey, we like you, but we can go get someone else and what do you want to do?’ I was like, ‘OK, well, that’s fine.’ If there’s no passion on their end, then I’m going to feel the same way. So no, it wasn’t just that, but all of it together."
- The Lions announced their offseason workout dates for 2016:
Lions offseason workout dates:— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) April 1, 2016
First Day: April 18
OTA's: May 24-26, May 31, June 1-2, June 6-9
Mandatory Minicamp: June 14-16
- Head coach Jim Caldwell expects receiver TJ Jones to be "more of a prominent threat" in 2016.
- Former Patriot and recent signee Tavon Wilson is excited to be reunited with Stevan Ridley in Detroit:
- Today in DeAndre Levy's instagram account: His hip is looking pretty good:
- His April may have gotten off to a bad start with Ridley potentially taking his roster spot, but Zach Zenner had a pretty good March:
March in review: got married in front of many awesome friends and family, went on the honeymoon, and brought my new bride with me to Detroit— Zach Zenner (@zenner31) April 1, 2016
Quandre Diggs is a good son:
Jason Hanson finally gave some insight into his thought process that led to retirement.