- Just how unpredictable is this draft for the Lions? MLive collected the predictions from 92 media analysts and found that they chose at least 20 different players. Nothing is certain.
- DeAndre Levy had an article go up on the Player's Tribune on Wednesday with a simple but powerful message about domestic violence, sexual assault and the dehumanization of women in our culture:
- One last film breakdown: Lions legend Chris Spielman talks about the defensive talent in this draft.
- The amount of money that gets talked about when it comes to contracts in the NFL, including rookie contracts, is often presented as staggering, but as they say, death and taxes:
- Golden Tate is one of the top receivers on the Lions squad now, but for his own draft night back in 2010, he couldn't help but feel it was a "letdown."
- Other Detroit sports news: the Red Wings announced the name of their new arena on Thursday and you should probably get all your pizza-related jokes together. Meanwhile, Wednesday saw the potential ownership group of Tom Gores, Dan Gilbert and Arn Tellen propose a $1 BILLION dollar stadium project to bring Major League Soccer to Detroit.
- This is the team that Thursday Night Football needs, but maybe not the one it deserves: Cris Collinsworth is teaming up with Mike Tirico (recently departed from ESPN) to broadcast Thursday Night Football for NBC.
- I know we're all riled up thinking about 2016, but at least one Miami commit is making a bold prediction for 2019 that I am not entirely opposed to, for...reasons:
All my goals in one picture! pic.twitter.com/6kB3WshOO1— DeeJay Dallas (@DeejayDallas5) April 28, 2016