The Detroit Lions beefed up the trenches in Day 2 of the NFL Draft. First, adding A'Shawn Robinson with their 46th overall pick and later grabbing Wolverine center Graham Glasgow toward the end of the third round. The picks fit very specific needs for the team, but the talent of the two players remain in question. Let's see how analysts across sports media reacted to the Lions' Day 2 picks.
- Heavy.com called the Robinson pick the No. 1 pick of the second and third rounds.
- Pro Football Focus gave this pick a B, calling the choice "good value" in the second round, but noting his struggle to get to the quarterback.
- Bruce Feldman of FOX Sports thinks the Lions got a steal:
The Lions got a steal getting A'Shawn Robinson here. He's a powerhouse and just turned 21 (even though he looks 40).— Bruce Feldman (@BruceFeldmanCFB) April 30, 2016
- Lions twitter felt pretty good about the pick:
- As of late Saturday night, a whopping 98% of voters here at Pride Of Detroit gave the pick an A or a B grade.
- Mike Tanier gave the Robinson pick an A+. "Robinson fills a huge need on the defensive line. He may have been both the best and safest player on the board. Outstanding choice"
- PFF was not as kind to the Lions about the Glasgow pick, giving Detroit a C+.
- However, Dan Shonka, a former NFL scout, thinks very highly of Glasgow:
- As does Kent Platte of SideLion Report:
- Tanier gave the Lions a modest B, calling Glasgow a "high-upside player" who "lacks quickness."
- 75 percent of Pride Of Detroit gave this pick an A or a B.
- Pete Prisco of CBS Sports was the most pessimistic, grading the pick a lowly C-.
Overall Day 2 grades: