We are nearing our ten-year anniversary at Pride Of Detroit, and with a new exciting regime in place for the Detroit Lions, we're looking to expand our own empire here. As a result, I am looking up to beef up the staff with hungry, devoted writers to take on the 2016 season and beyond.
What I am looking for in candidates
- Extensive knowledge of the Lions, the NFL and football in general
- Strong writing skills (excellent grammar and spelling are a must)
- Ability to commit to at least 2-3 posts per week during the season
- Previous writing experience desired
What I am looking for in new content
Like Bob Quinn is bringing The Patriot Way to the Lions, I want to build a team here in the same Belichickian mold. Versatility is key. Covering news, delivering analysis, recapping games; the more you're comfortable with, the better. In general, your role would be mostly for analysis, but if you're all the more willing to fill in wherever necessary, that's a big bonus.
How to apply
Send an email to email@example.com and respond to the following questions:
1. How much writing experience do you have, and have you written about the Lions before? Please provide examples of your work. If you don't have any past examples, create something new as a sample of your writing.
2. What kind of posts would you want to write for Pride Of Detroit? Please be specific, especially if you have ideas for weekly series or recurring features in mind.
3. How extensive is your knowledge of the Lions, the NFL and football in general? Do you have a specialty (ie: draft, film breakdown, statistical analysis, etc)?
4. Why do you want to join Pride Of Detroit as a front-page writer?
As of right now, these are unpaid positions. That could always change down the road, though, and if you're looking for experience and exposure, we can provide both of those things. I personally started as an unpaid writer just five years ago, and this platform has helped writers like Alex Reno earn a gig with the Detroit Free Press. As someone who has personally benefited from the exposure from this site, I can say with confidence that if you devote enough time and effort to this site, you will get rewarded in one way or another.
The deadline to apply is Wednesday, April 13.
If you have any questions, feel free to send me an email or leave a comment on this post.