- Aaron Burbridge met with the Lions earlier this week and reports seem to indicate that the meeting went "real good." Burbridge, a former Michigan State wide receiver, looks to be a mid to late round draft prospect.
- Former Lions guard Rob Sims had some thoughts on the faults of the Lions offensive line last year, which put in inarguably poor performances throughout the season. Sims believes that the line was "too young" and "too fast." I wasn't aware being too fast was a problem, but it's worth a read. Sims also believes that he and Dominic Raiola could have helped make the line better last year, but acknowledged their bodies were breaking down.
- Lions running back George Winn has signed his contract tender. He is the second of the Lions' ERFAs to sign the contracts offered backed in March.
- D'Brickshaw Ferguson has retired from the ranks of the NFL at the age of 32:
Thank you for the numerous messages of support. It has been a blessing to be apart of the NYJ. My letter to you pic.twitter.com/hcIRk41QtM— DBrickashaw Ferguson (@DBrickashaw) April 9, 2016
- Our own Alex Reno has another film breakdown on draft prospects at the Detroit Free Press. He's talking about Appalachian State standout Ronald Blair, so go check it out.
- Last night, there was a particular basketball game in Detroit. Nothing spectacular, nothing extraordinary, but our friends at Detroit Bad Boys breaks down the implications of last night's actions:
ICYMI last night: pic.twitter.com/bYs5SsO6OP— Detroit Bad Boys ☠ (@detroitbadboys) April 9, 2016