- Uproxx Sports reimagined every NFL logo as a "Game of Thrones" character. Their selection for the Detroit Lions? Tyrion Lannister. Here's why:
Before you get mad about wishing Tyrion was a better team, think about this — besides being a Lion (the Lannisters’ symbol), Tyrion has been a beloved character who everybody roots for, but essentially lives in a cruel and hateful world that is unfair to him in every way. That’s basically how the Lions have felt for decades. Everyone roots for Tyrion and the Lions, except the world in which they live.
- NFL.com projected the best rookie performances of 2016. A'Shawn Robinson and Taylor Decker landed on the list at 36 and 40, respectively.
- OTAs start today, so why not get yourself pumped for the 2016 season? (WARNING: NSFW language in the music, hit the mute button around the 0:50 mark):
- While the team continues its search for a starting cornerback opposite Darius Slay, Nevin Lawson believes he's their man. "I'm coming in to prove that I should be the starter."
- Former Michigan State Spartan Bubba Smith had CTE when he died in 2011.
- The NFL is making a few minor tweaks to their review system, but nothing too drastic:
New repay rules allows penalty enforcement, proper down, status of game clock to be reviewed.— Dan Graziano (@DanGrazianoESPN) May 24, 2016
- While Joique Bell awaits his NFL fate, he is holding a youth football and cheer camp. For information and registration, check out his website.
Lions notes: Which 'Game of Thrones' character encapsulates the Lions?
Today's notes features the Detroit Lions logo reimagined as a "Game of Thrones" character.