After months of waiting, the 2016 NFL Draft is finally over. It was an exhausting draft season that only seems to drag on longer every year. That's why we're going to take a small break from the draft to talk about...next year's draft!
That's right, the formality of sports writing compels me to at least address the 2017 draft, despite the fact that is over 350 days away. I refuse to create any ridiculous mock drafts without even knowing where the teams will be picking, but that doesn't mean we can't look at a few mocks that other people spent (see: wasted) their precious time on. After all, last year's projections for the 2016 draft weren't actually that far off, with Jack Conklin and Ronnie Stanley being realistic options. Here's a look at what some analysts are slotting to the Detroit Lions in 2017:
- SB Nation's Dan Kadar: Pick No. 9 - MLB Raekwon McMillan (Ohio State)
- Bleacher Report's Matt Miller: Pick No. 6 - RB Leonard Fournette (LSU)
- Sports Illustrated's Chris Burke: Pick No. 8 - CB Jalen Tabor (Florida)
- NFL Draft Scout's Dane Brugler: Pick No. 8 - RB Leonard Fournette (LSU)
- Sporting News' Eric Galko: Pick No. 6 - RB Dalvin Cook (Florida State)