- Loading on top of several national media outlets, Nate Davis of USA Today believes the Detroit Lions had a bad offseason. How bad? He ranks it 24th in the league.
- No, Calvin Johnson is not coming back.
- Mike Rothstein of ESPN has details on Andre Caldwell's contract with the Lions, which includes no guaranteed money:
Andre Caldwell's contract with the Lions is a one-year deal worth $885,000 in cash with a cap number of... https://t.co/6YQerO8JDJ— Michael Rothstein (@mikerothstein) May 9, 2016
- Bob Quinn joined ProFootballTalk Live on Monday and said he believes the Lions got first-round talent in A'Shawn Robinson:
- Quinn is still tweaking his front office employees:
The Lions have hired Jay Colvin as senior VP of legal affairs and general counsel. Colvin comes from Bodman PLC, has assisted Lions in past.— Josh Katzenstein (@jkatzenstein) May 5, 2016
- Desperate for some coverage from rookie minicamp? Well, here's a photo gallery from the weekend.
- Former Lions left tackle Lomas Brown gave his opinion on the Lions' offensive line-heavy draft.
- This shouldn't come as much of a surprise, but offenses that are more balanced tend to lead to better team success.