- Detroit Lions president Rod Wood joined WJR radio and released the much anticipated date for the team's 2016 training camp:
Rod Wood said on WJR the Lions return for training camp July 28. That means they'll be using their full allotment of preseason days this yr— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) June 14, 2016
- DetroitLions.com and The Oakland Press both give five things to look for during the Lions' three-day mandatory minicamp, which begins on Tuesday.
- ESPN believes DeAndre Levy is the Lions' best social media follow.
- Now that the Lions are adding cheerleaders, there are only six other teams in the NFL who don't have them:
- Bleacher Report's Kristopher Knox had Taylor Decker making his predicted 2016 All-Rookie team.
- Nevin Lawson is tediously studying and modifying his own game in order to keep the starting cornerback job.
- When Ndamukong Suh signed a six-year, $114 million contract ($59.95 million guaranteed), many believed they heavily overpaid. But look at what the Eagles just gave Fletcher Cox:
#Eagles DT Fletcher Cox has agreed to a 6-year extension worth $103M, source said. $63M in guarantees. A monster deal.— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) June 13, 2016