- Missing out on practices and snaps during the offseason can be very detrimental to a young player. But Detroit Lions running back Ameer Abdullah is trying to stay active mentally and physically while he nurses a shoulder injury. He believes he's developing an entirely new appreciation for the offensive scheme from the sidelines.
- If you're still itching to see the Lions' new Color Rush jerseys, it sounds like you won't have to wait much longer:
Lions president Rod Wood said he now expects an announcement about Color Rush jerseys in July— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) June 14, 2016
- Bill Barnwell of ESPN ranked each team's offensive triplets (their three top players at offensive skill positions). The triplet of Matthew Stafford - Golden Tate - Marvin Jones ranked just 26 of 32 on his list.
- After a rough go at the University of Miami, Lions tight ends coach Al Golden is motivated and ready to turn his career back around.
- DJ Khaled was in Detroit as part of Beyoncé's Formation tour, and he left with a little gift from the Lions:
- The Lions' offensive line embargo on the media didn't last too long:
Lions offensive linemen pact of silence was broken (one day after it was revealed). Decker, Warford, Swanson all talked. It was appreciated.— Justin Rogers (@Justin_Rogers) June 15, 2016
- As an aging veteran, Glover Quin has to take a little more time to ease himself back into football season.