- Lions general manager Bob Quinn joined SiriusXM radio on Tuesday. One the most interesting things he said during the interview was his unwavering support for head coach Jim Caldwell. Via MLive's transcript of the interview:
"Looking back, that was the easiest and best decision I made. I really have a great working relationship with Jim. All the sets of meetings we've had, whether it was when I first got there figuring out our team, leading into free agency, leading into the draft meetings, really felt comfortable with Jim and his staff and their ability to take a player who has a certain skill set and make that fit into the schemes they are running."
- From the same interview, Quinn believes the battle at strong safety will be one of the best during training camp:
Matthew Stafford also believes the Lions offense may benefit in one way with Calvin Johnson now retired:
- ESPN released their top 300 fantasy players for 2016. The Lions have 11 players on the list, including four in the top 103.
- The Lions are one of four teams to have never made a Super Bowl appearance. "NFL Total Access" discussed which of those four teams is most likely to end their drought his season.
- While ESPN's Bill Barnwell ranked the Lions' "offensive triplets" quite low at No. 26 in the league, he thinks much higher of their defense, ranking their "defensive triplets" at No. 8 in the NFL.
- No comment: