- Former Detroit Lions wide receiver Calvin Johnson got married over the weekend. A few familiar faces were on hand for the occasion:
@showtimetate @lilitslife @elisepollard #JohnsonWedding
A photo posted by reggiebush (@reggiebush) on
- Don Muhlbach understands his job is in danger, but he's going to fight like hell to win the starting longnapping job. "I’m still there. I’m not going to leave just now."
- The Lions defense knows they can't get off to a slow start again this season.
- Last year, Joe Lombardi came under fire several times during the season that his offense was too predictable. This year with Jim Bob Cooter at the helm of the offense, players believe the scheme will extremely variable and hard to predict.
- If any of you are still holding out hope for the Lions to sign Greg Hardy, I think it's safe to say there is a zero percent chance of that happening:
Martha Ford, owner of @Lions, is our Zero Tolerance Award recipient for her stance on domestic violence in the NFL. pic.twitter.com/VXPKgVSgGh— DetPublicSafetyFndtn (@DetPublicSafety) June 6, 2016
- The Lions will be seeing Harrison Smith for the foreseeable future, as the Vikings locked up the All-Pro safety for a long time:
Vikings gave Harrison Smith 5-year, $51.25 million extension that includes a $10 million signing bonus and $15.27 fully gtd, per source.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) June 6, 2016